Similar to how we go see a doctor when we are not feeling well or for check-ups, therapy is also important. Therapy consists of a person's overall wellness such as mental, physical, and emotional, and spiritual. Many seek therapy for anxiety, stress, loneliness, feelings of being pressured by parents or friends, relationship difficulties, sadness, or having difficulty with adjusting to life changes. Therapy is about seeking support in a nonjudgmental, unbiased, and a safe space.
How long therapy will last?
The length of therapy will depend on each person and their needs. Therapy can range from a several weeks, months, or longer.
How often will therapy occur?
Sessions will take place once a week via a video therapy session. A link will be provided to you in order to log into a secure HIPPA compliant and private video platform.
What are the benefits of therapy?
- Therapy can assist with coping through obstacles, sadness, anxiety, and stressful circumstances in life.
- Letting out things that have been on your mind and bottled inside can be a relieving experience. Expressing and talking about your feelings can be helpful in knowing that you are not alone and that you have support with what you are experiencing.
- Therapy promotes a great sense of awareness of our strengths and areas we need to improve on in order to have a sense of self-esteem.
- Teaching effective ways of communicating in relationships with family and friends.
- Knowing how to express and manage your feelings effectively.
Do you accept insurance?
I currently accept only Cigna health insurance and self-pay clients. If you have insurance that's not Cigna, it is possible that your insurance company may provide some reimbursement. Please contact your insurance company for further information regarding reimbursement rates.
Helpful questions to ask your insurance company are as follows:
How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
What are my deductibles?
15 minute Consultation:
Consultations are free. During the 15 minute consultation, we will discuss your needs for therapy, payment, and your history of therapy.
What are your payment methods?
A credit card is required to remain on file in accordance with policy. Payments for all services must be paid before the date and time of appointment.
What is your cancellation policy?
If there is not a notification of a cancellation at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay a fee.
Do you have resource information that I can utilize on my own?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1800-273-8255
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1800-799-7233
Dial 211: Information regarding social services throughout the state of New Jersey.